On a loop in the river is another footbridge, but wide enough for road traffic. It was built when Derwent Park was constructed in the 1990s on re-claimed industrial land. Clockburn Drift opened nearby in 1952 and went through to Marley Hill colliery two miles to the south. Coal was brought out here over a bridge near the site of the present bridge and taken by rail to the nearby cokeworks, also re-claimed as part of Derwent Park. The colliery and the drift closed in 1983 and the bridge demolished.
Just upstream from the bridge is a small weir and adjacent is a large lake where swans are often found. The river continues along a rock-strewn stretch in a very attractive and heavily wooded area. For more information about Derwent Park and the Derwent Walk click here.